Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Construction

I felt like I was in the midst of construction while creating this layout. Paper trimmers were tearing paper, washi tape tearing mid pull, tape glider not cooperating...

But I manged to finish the layout. I wasn't "feeling" this once it was completed and went to my husband for his advice. Before I could even form the question, he was giving me praise and accolades that I couldn't give myself :)

Here is my layout using a sketch found at Let's Scrap






Supplies used:

  • blue cardstock - The Paper Studio textured cardstock stack, darks
  • printed paper - "Tools" by Karen Foster Designs
  • title - Mickey Cricut cartridge cut at 1.5" and white daisy CTMH ink
  • journaling card - Project Life
  • washi tape, green cardstock - from my stash
I am submitting this layout to the following challenges:
Thanks for looking,

Melissa

12 comments:

  1. Thanks for submitting your project on the FCCB. Totally understand being under construction. Told My husband I won't live in a house while we do THAT again. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your husband is right- great pages! Thanks for joining us on the Fantabulous Cricut Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful layouts, great pictures and great job on the sketch. Thank you for joining us at Connie Can Crop.

    Sue - Connie Can Crop DT
    http://suek86401.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're always so hard on ourselves. This is one time I say listen to your husband! Thank you for joining us at Connie Can Crop's monthly challenge. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your layout! But, boy do I understand your predicaments, sometimes it just doesn't seem like it's going to come out right. But, I think we are hard on our perfection. You did great! Thanks for sharing your talent at Fantabulous Cricut.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can be hard moving from the 'one day we should' to 'we are actually doing it' so well done you guys! Great use of the sketch to document the event. Thanks for joining Lets Scrap Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea and use of photos. Thanks for joining us at Let's Scrap Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad you were able to play along with the Let's Scrap sketch this month :) sometimes we have to say 'it's ok' when we aren't feeling it with our pages...it happens to all of us and it's better to have those photos documented then to spend too much time over papers and embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great layout! I bet it feels wonderful to get some projects finished - must feel like a new house! Thank you for playing with use at FCCB! Blessings, Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome layout Melissa. Thanks for joining us at FCC for the use something new challenge

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your layout turned out great despite all your troubles! You'd never know it! I love the way you documented your construction :) Thanks so much for joining us for the FCCB challenge this week! Hugs, DT Karla

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great take on this fun sketch, I love that it can hold so many pictures and still look great. Perfect way to highlight your pictures. TFS and for joining us at Connie Can Crop challenge "Anything Goes". Best luck

    ReplyDelete